Friday, September 12, 2008

More about us

In celebration of Katie's arrival, yet another installment of Getting-To-Know Team Awesome:

who are you? Katie
where'd you grow up and where do you call home now?
I grew up in Walnut Grove, MO and I currently live on the north side of the city of Springfield
describe your "real world" life:
I work for a home decor design company as a product developer and a graphic designer. I love to make my own stuff like lights and furniture when I get the chance. Sometimes I dog sit a dog named Simon and he gets to go to work with me and play with the other dogs. I love spending time with my family and friends and my favorite thing to do is to learn new stuff.
where else have you traveled?
Hawaii, Alaska, Papua New Guinea, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Scotland, & France.
what are you most looking forward to about the trip?
The change of scenery and getting a new perspective on my world here at home.
what phrase would like to learn how to say in Vietnamese? Where can I buy a plastic pink flamingo?

who are you? Sarah Jenkins.
where'd you grow up and where do you call home now? Grew up in Sparta, MO and now am at home in Springfield, where I happily reside close to downtown with my cat, craft supplies i don't have time to use, and too many books.
describe your "real world" life: I just started a job with Swan Repertory Theatre company, after working in student life at Drury for two years.  Moved out of a dorm and into big-girl life and am loving learning about nonprofit work and the arts.  I also perform with The Skinny Improv on most weekends (you know, when I'm not in another hemisphere).
where else have you traveled? I've traveled to most states thanks to family vacations and school trips---for instance DisneyWorld with my 8th grade gifted class and New York with science club senior year...nerdiness pays off, folks. Did a study abroad in India/Thailand in college, and went to Barcelona, Venice, Florence, Rome this summer.
what are you most looking forward to about the trip? Surprises that travel can bring, any and all moments that make me sigh.  
(good sighs, of course.)
what phrase would like to learn how to say in Vietnamese? 
That's what she said.

Practice makes perfect:
That's what she said:  đó là điều mà cô ấy nói
Where can I buy a plastic pink flamingo:  ở đâu tôi có thể mua một chất dẻo trang trí chim hồng hạc?

No comments: