Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Me and my little friends...















Long and I :)






















Wow, I've done a horrible job on blogging!  Eeeh, just really busy here, and by the time we get done, I'm just exausted.  However, I'll 


upload pictures when I get back:)

We've been visiting a lot of orphanages.  Load and loads of hugs and kisses.  We did some art projects with the kids and I'm really excited to do the projects with the team in September!  It'll be great to spend more time with the kids.

Today, we went with Giving It Back to Kids to dedicate a kindergarden in the rural area.  I found one of my little buddies there.  Interestingly enough, he may be a candidate for a heart surgery!! We were playing, and drawing and I gave him this portable fan.  A must see video later.  Anyway about 20 minutes later his mom lifted up his shirt to show me that one of left ribs was protruding out.  She said that he had a heart condition.  So....I went and talked to the founder and it's left up to the mom to call and set up an appointment.  I really hope that he can get a surgery!

Then while Long (little boy) were drawing, his older brother came up, he looks to be about 14.  He has a deformed ear and cannot hear out of it.
....Rarely have I seen 2 children with handicaps born to the same mom....I've been told it could be the result of agent orange!!!

~~~

Later, we went to the infant orphanage where GIBTK gives them vitamin and rice support.  Although it was touching and powerful to hold and love on kids, I was extremley frustrated with their caretakers there who just stood around!!  I saw at least 4-5 staff standing around doing nothing and not holding and caring for the kids.

Ahhh.

I did however get to meet some of the beautiful kids.  There's something powerful in the holding and loving on children:)

Well, friends I leave tomorrow!  Time has flown by.  I'm shooting a wedding on Saturday...so hopefully the bad weather in Tawain doesn't affect my Tokyo leg:)

Cheerio,
Sesha

No comments: