Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hello Friends from Vietnam!!!

Oh wow:)

Well, happy dance in my seat!!  Sorry I couldn't post sooner, but there's not always internet around.

I got here Tuesday night after several flights, and sadly didn't get to sleep that much.  But I got to go through Tokyo which was a first!

So guess who was on my flight?!! My flight from Dallas to Tokyo an pottery prof from Missouri State was sitting behind me.  He was on his way to China and Tawain to do a confrence.  After he heard about what we were doing and the masquerade in November, he offered to donate one of his pieces for the auction!!

Then...sitting right next to me on the same flight was a man who is head of staffing and training at Compassion International!  We knew the same person at CI and I told him about the shoot we did for them in Ethiopia last year!  Exciting!

Then......yes, there was more!  Then from Tokyo to Vietnam this gorgeous girl sits behind me and it was Miss Brazil with Miss Universe!!  Miss Paraquay and Miss Chilie (?) was on our flight too.

Did anyone know Miss Universe was happening in HCM this week?  I didn't.

---

Right now, were about 4 hours from HCM and GIBTK brought in some of the kids they work with where we're at and we're playing and spending time with them.  It's great and that simple.
Their so precious and well behaved!

I'll have much more to post in a couple of days.  Tomorrow we catch a flight to Danang (central Vietnam) and spend the bulk of the time there.

***sidenote:  Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" is playing right now!!!  Brandon, Jen...soak it in:)

So, off to Danang tomorrow and that's where I'll be scoping out a ton.

My heart is so excited for the Sept adventure!!  Team...my friends going...brace yourself:)

Well, cheerio for now.  Talk to you in a couple.

Tam Biet (Goodbye)

Sesha  

1 comment:

Kathryn Maberry said...

So glad to hear you made it safely. Thinking of you often. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!